Ghantoot displays its charitable side with Al Amal Polo Day
Ghantoot displays its charitable side with the Al Amal Polo Day.
Ghantoot Racing & Polo Club returns to action on Friday, February 16, when it hosts the much-awaited Al Amal Polo Day, an uplifting initiative that aims to raise awareness about children with special needs.
Held in the Year of Zayed 2018, a milestone year which marks a century since the birth of the UAE’s Founding Father, the charity event also hopes to raise support for the Al Ain Centre of Care and Rehabilitation.
The newest edition of the Al Amal Polo Day will feature a top class exhibition match between the Racing & Polo Club and the Royal Cavalry of the Sultanate of Oman. This is the third time that the two teams will play against each other, and the first since the year 2014.
The event, currently in its 8th edition, will be held under the patronage of HH Sheikh Falah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman of Ghantoot Racing & Polo Club.
Many leading UAE polo stars will participate in the exhibition match, which is a positive reinforcement that highlights their support for children with special needs and attempts to drum-up encouragement for youngsters with disabilities.
This is our chance to show that we care about our community,” said Mr Ahmed Al Nuaimi, Managing Director, Ghantoot Racing & Polo Club.
“We at Ghantoot believe that it’s important to build a relationship between our sponsors, players, polo clubs and general public, to support a charity and in turn influence others to do the same, we are proud to have our official car; Maserati – Premier Motors for the second year, along with Jannah Hotels & Resorts and ADS Securities for the first time” he added.
“Sport is a great and easy way to spread the message of charities like Al Amal Polo Day as it has the potential to cross boundaries and show what people care about.”
Ghantoot Racing & Polo Club have made special arrangements for the event and the general public by creating a designated picnic area and various free family-centric activities like pony riding, live shows, magicians and face painting zones for kids.
Set in 300 hectares of pristine grassland, Ghantoot Racing & Polo Club offers an oasis of tranquility away from the hustle and bustle of desert life.
Conveniently located 40 minutes from Abu Dhabi and 15 minutes from Dubai Marina, the Club invites members of the public, and their families, to attend polo tournaments, sporting events, music concerts and other festivities at the venue.
At A Glance
- WHAT: Al Amal Polo Day
- WHEN: 16th February.
- ORGANISERS: Ghantoot Racing & Polo Club
- TIME: 14:00
- ENTRANCE: Open to the Public
- CONTACT: +971 (50) 2333915
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org Nesrine Bengra
- FOR MORE INFO: www.grpc.ae
Forthcoming events at Ghantoot Racing & Equestrian Club
- 16th February: Al Amal Polo Day
- 27th February: Autism Charity Polo Press Conference
- 2nd March: Autism Charity Polo Day
- 7th to 10th March: Health, Fitness & Fun Festival at Abu Dhabi Um Al Emarat Park where Ghantoot will host a Polo Teaching Corner for 4 days.
- 21st March: British Polo Day.
- Governing Partner: Abu Dhabi Sports Council
- Theme : Year of Zayed 2018
- Official Partner : Idea Initiative
- Official Car: Maserati Premier Motors
- Official Season Partner: ADS Securities
- Official Hotel : Jannah Hotels & Resorts
- Official Perfume: Anfasick Dokhoon
- Official gifting Partner: The Man Company
- Supporting Partners: YAS International Properties
- Premier Events Management
- Beverly Hills Medical Center
- 515 Medical Center
- Noor Al Wasl Clinic
- Prestige Gourmet Catering
- Ishraqat Soudia