Al Amal Polo Day at Ghantoot hailed a big success!
The Al Amal Polo Day at Ghantoot Hailed as a Big Success!
Polo enthusiasts were treated to an extravaganza of entertainment when Ghantoot Racing & Polo Club hosted the 8th edition of the annual Al Amal Polo Day on a beautiful Friday afternoon and evening.
Spanish dressage shows featuring flamenco dancers, an equestrian art exhibition, a kids fun village, pony rides and magicians were all part of the special activities to mark the poignant event whose central theme was to raise awareness about children with special needs and create a fun day for them at Ghantoot Racing & Polo Club.
An initiative by Sheikh Falah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman of the Ghantoot Racing & Polo Club, Al Amal Polo Day, promotes the principle of embracing and supporting children with physical as well as learning disabilities.
Over the years, Al Amal Polo Day has led to a positive shift in the general attitude towards special children and also helps to mobilize resources for the support of Al Ain Centre of Care and Rehabilitation.
The highlight of the event was an exhibition polo match played between the visiting Royal Cavalry of the Sultanate of Oman and the Ghantoot Racing & Polo Club.
After an entertaining spectacle of exhibition of field polo, packed with audience participation, the hosts won by six goals to one.
All four players representing Ghantoot, Abdullah Bin Dasmal, Ali Al Marri, Yousaf Bin Dasmal and Nasser Al Shamsi put their names on the scoreboard during an impressive display of polo. Al Marri was the only player to score a brace, when he scored two goals in the second chukker.
Khalil Al Bulushi ensured that the Omanis went home with a consolation goal, when he scored a beauty during the third of the four chukkers.
Ahmed Al Nuaimi, Managing Director at Ghantoot Racing & Polo Club, said:”Supporting charities like special needs has become an integral part of the policy at Ghantoot Racing & Polo Club.
“It offers us a perfect opportunity to give something back to the local community in the UAE. Our aim is to provide support and improve the lives of children with disabilities. Each year we have been working with our committed sponsors, friends and patrons of Ghantoot, to make this event a success. We would like to extend our heartfelt thanks to all those who have contributed towards this cause and to our friends from Oman, without whom we could not have made this event happen,” Al Nuaimi said.
Ghantoot Polo Team beat Royal Cavalry of Oman Polo Team 6-1
- Ghantoot: Abdulla Bin Dasmal 2, Ali Al Marri 2, Yousaf Bin Dasmal 1, Nasser Al Shamsi 1
- Oman: Khalil Al Bulushi 1.
Ghantoot Polo Team
- Abdullah Bin Dasmal
- Ali Al Marri
- Yousaf Bin Dasmal
- Nasser Al Shamsi
Oman Polo Team
- Khalil Al Bulishi
- Basam Al Balushi
- Mazin Al Zigdali
- Hussein Al Balushi
Schedule of forthcoming events
At Ghantoot Racing & Polo Club
- 27th February: Autism Charity Polo Press Conference
- 2nd March: Autism Charity Polo Day
- 7th to 10th March: Health, Fitness & Fun Festival at Abu Dhabi Um Al Emarat Park where Ghantoot will host a Polo Teaching Corner for 4 days.
- 24th March: British Polo Day.
Ghantoot Racing & Polo Club
CONTACT: +971 (50) 2333915
EMAIL: email@example.com Nesrine Bengra
FOR MORE INFO: www.grpc.ae
- OFFICIAL SPONSORS
- Governing Partner: Abu Dhabi Sports Council
- Theme : Year of Zayed 2018
- Official Partner : Idea Initiative
- Official Car: Maserati Premier Motors
- Official Season Partner: ADS Securities
- Official Hotel : Jannah Hotels & Resorts
- Official Perfume: Anfasick Dokhoon
- Official gifting Partner: The Man Company
- YAS International Properties
- Premier Events Management
- Beverly Hills Medical Center
- 515 Medical Center
- Noor Al Wasl Clinic
- Prestige Gourmet Catering
- Ishraqat Soudia